Normal Cholesterol Level and its Importance

Submitted by webmaster on Tue, 10/16/2018 - 16:04

Cholesterol is a fatty, waxy substance that is naturally present in the cell membrane of the heart, muscles, intestine, liver, skin, brain and nerves. Liver makes up about 80% of the requirement and therefore our diet needs to supplement only the rest 20%.  Excess cholesterol in the body causes increase in its flow in the circulatory system, which is the precursor of atherosclerosis, where the fat is deposited on the sides of the walls of the arteries leading to narrowingof the vessels and thereby increasing blood pressure and coronary heart disease.