Cholesterol is a lipid substance that is naturally produced by the liver as well as absorbed from the food we eat. But anything in excess has its own ill effects. When cholesterol level exceeds the normal level it can easily clog in the arteries leading to increased blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes as well. There are two types of cholesterol, namely the LDL (Bad) and the HDL (Good).
Here are a few tips that can help you reduce your cholesterol level without medication.
- Exercise – there is nothing like regular exercise, which is the best method to help you decline your cholesterol level with out any medication. Increasing physical activity is the most effective way to fight cholesterol without any medication.
- Fish oil is rich in Omega 3 Fatty acids which helps improve blood circulation as well as lowers LDL cholesterol.
- Fiber rich food like fresh vegetables and fruits helps reduce LDL cholesterol and also increase HDL.
- Cut egg yolks off your intake and restrict to egg whites which is rich source of protein and devoid of fat and cholesterol.
- Nuts like peanuts, walnuts and hazel nuts help eliminate LDL cholesterol due to the monounsaturated fatty acids concentration in them.
- Avoid fatty and fried food like finger chips and crackers, sweets etc. Reduce intake of cheese and whole milk
- De-skin your poultry before cooking to eliminate fat content as much as you can
- Stop smoking and limit alcohol consumption.